Cone crusher is a stone-crushing machine suitable for raw materials in the metallurgical, construction, road building, chemical, and silicate industries. In the aggregate processing plant, the cone crusher works with a jaw crusher, sand making machine, impact crusher, etc. According to different crusher machines’ crushing principles and product particle size requirements, it divides into many models. It has the advantage of reliable structure, high productivity, better-finished product granularity and shape, easy adjustment, and low operating costs. The spring release system of the cone crusher has the function of overload protection, allowing the flow passage to pass through the crushing chamber without damaging the crusher. Cone crushers are usually considered secondary crusher machines, mainly suitable for crushing various mining materials with high hardness and medium hardness.
9 Reasons For Cone Crusher Oil Temperature Rising
In the production process of cone crusher, if the lubricating oil temperature is high, it will affect the lubrication effect. If the machine cannot operate normally, which will seriously affect the production process. Given this situation, we need to notice the oil temperature rise and solve it in time. Here are the reasons and solutions for the oil temperature to keep rising.
- Reason 1: The blockage of the return pipe results in poor circulation of lubricating oil, low return oil volume, and high oil temperature. The solution to this problem is to check whether the return pipe is circulating, find the cause of the blockage, and unblock the return pipe to ensure smooth circulation of lubricating oil and reduce the factors of high oil temperature.
- Reason 2: The failure of lubricating oil will also cause an increase in oil temperature. If the lubricating oil used in the production of cone crushers contains pollutants such as moisture and dust, it cannot achieve the expected lubrication effect. Moreover, these impurities will cause abnormal wear and tear inside the equipment, which cause an increase in oil temperature. The solution at this time is to replace the lubricating oil. When replacing the oil, we should clean the oil tank first, and after replacing the oil, ensure the cleanliness of the lubricating oil and prevent pollution cause lubrication failure and high temperature of cone crusher.
- Reason 3: The large and poor contact area between the bowl-shaped tile surface and the spindle body will also cause the high temperature of the lubricating oil. The main reason for the poor contact between the two is that the spindle body of the cone crusher has a relatively long service life, and the outer edge spherical surface worn out. When it reaches the step of the lower spherical surface non-contact surface, it will cause the non-contact ball mill on the inner edge of the body to contact with the bowl-shaped tile, leading to the temperature rising. There are two main solutions to this phenomenon, as follows:
- Replace the spindle of the cone crusher and scrape and grind the bowl-shaped tiles;
- Process the inner edge of the bowl-shaped tile of the cone crusher to ensure that it does not contact with the inner edge of the spindle body through ball milling, and scrape and grind the bowl-shaped tile.
- Reason 4: Poor contact between the eccentric copper sleeve and the main shaft, cracks on the upper part of the eccentric sleeve causing oil temperature rise. This is because the eccentric shaft inside the cone crusher does not fit well with the thrust bearing, resulting in changes in the operating trajectory of the eccentric shaft, which in turn leads to poor contact between the eccentric sleeve and the main shaft. The solution to this phenomenon is to find the reason for the poor contact between the two, grind the contact surface of the copper sleeve, and drill the crack tail to avoid crack propagation.
- Reason 5: Check the contact between the eccentric shaft and the copper sleeve of the main frame of the cone crusher. The specific method is to lift out the eccentric shaft for inspection. The poor contact between the two parts is mainly shown in poor contact between the copper sleeve contact surface of the frame, burning of tiles, cracks on the upper edge of the frame sleeve, loosening of the alloy block of the copper sleeve, and wear of the lower end face of the eccentric shaft and the upper-end face of the upper thrust bearing. There are three main reasons for poor contact between the two parts. They are as follows:
- There are objects accumulating in the positioning hole of the eccentric shaft of the cone crusher, which has lifted the positioning pin, resulting in wear of the positioning pin and wear of the lower end surface of the eccentric shaft;
- The size of the positioning position between the lower end face of the eccentric shaft and the upper surface of the thrust bearing does not match;
- The upper thrust bearing of the cone crusher is worn unilaterally, and the thrust step surface is too high. During operation, it comes into contact with the eccentric copper sleeve, causing it to wear out and heat up;
After analyzing the reasons for poor contact between the eccentric shaft and the copper sleeve of the frame, let’s check the solutions, the methods are to clean the foreign objects in the positioning hole of the eccentric shaft and the lower end surface of the eccentric shaft and the thrust bearing to ensure their installation fit size.
- Reason 6: Check the oil pan of the cone crusher. When the spline groove of the thrust bearing on the end cover of the oil pan is worn and ground into a groove, it will also cause an increase in oil temperature. This is because the spline groove of the oil pan get stuck in the lower thrust plate of the thrust bearing, causing the lower thrust plate to get stuck and tilt, and the eccentric shaft to tilt. If the contact between the eccentric shaft and the sleeve is not good, there will be heating and burning of the bearing, which will lead to an increase in oil temperature, At this point, the solution is to replace the oil pan and thrust plate to ensure smooth operation of the eccentric shaft.
- Reason 7: If the axial movement and radial runout of the transmission shaft of the cone crusher are large, it will cause changes in the tooth tip clearance, which is also one of the phenomena that cause the high temperature of the lubricating oil. The solution to this phenomenon is to adjust the adjustment ring or add a pad at the end of the coupling shaft to ensure that its axial movement reaches the standard value.
- Reason 8: Check the clearance between the eccentric shaft and the horizontal shaft gear tooth top and tooth side. If it does not meet the requirements, add or remove shims to adjust it to ensure that the clearance between the tooth top and tooth side meets the requirements.
- Reason 9: Check whether the pipeline of the cooling system of the cone crusher is circulating, whether the gate valve is damaged or blocked, etc. The normal operation of the cooling system can play a reasonable cooling role and reduce the phenomenon of oil temperature rise.
The above mainly introduces several reasons for the temperature rise of cone crusher oil. In actual production, it is necessary to investigate the phenomenon that causes the oil temperature rise based on actual working conditions, and then implement reasonable solutions to ensure the appropriate oil temperature to ensure the smooth production of cone crusher. JXSC mining factory provides various kinds of stone crushers, and mining machines. Contact our professional engineers for a consultation!