Andesite is one of the raw materials for the building stones. Which crushing equipment is suitable for the production of andesite? Andesite is popular with the construction industry due to its high durability, strong compression resistance, and good finished product quality. It uses as a building stone. However, in the andesite sand making plant process, due to the variety of crushing equipment in the market, many clients do not know how to choose andesite crushing equipment. We only need to combine the properties of andesite to choose.
Andesite sand-making process
Andesite is a material with a relatively high hardness, with a Mohs hardness of 4.5-5. Therefore, choosing a crusher with high crushing force and strong wear resistance is necessary. In the current market, the jaw crusher is specifically for processing large-sized and high-hardness materials. The materials processed by the jaw crusher will go to a cone crusher or an impact crusher for second crushing. These two types of equipment are for medium to fine crushing production of materials, but there are differences in acceptable material hardness, finished product size, and other aspects. Andesite production requires a sand-making machine, which is equipment for making sand from medium to fine-crushed materials.
The production process of andesite sand production line is: (silo) – vibrating feeder – jaw crusher – impact crusher or cone crusher – vibrating screen – finished product.
The crushing process of andesite crushing equipment is an essential link in sand and gravel aggregate production. It is important to choose a suitable crusher machine. At present, there are many types of crushers: jaw crushers, hammer crushers, impact crushers, cone crushers, roller crushers, sand-making machines, etc. Various crushers have different structures, specifications, and materials. Therefore, we must choose crushing equipment based on the characteristics of the material.
Andesite sand making plant equipment
The jaw crusher has a superior crushing force with its high wear-resistant lining plate, which handles various ore materials. During the crushing process, it will reduce maintenance costs and the failure rate of the crusher, making the operation more reliable.
How to select suitable large-scale fine-crushing equipment?
The fine jaw crusher will meet different production requirements and adapt to various operating conditions for sand-making plants. For how to choose a fine-crushing crusher, the following suggestions are available for reference:
(1) Material properties
The hardness, mud content, and water content of materials are essential data during production, but the size of the raw materials is a decisive factor. According to the particle size of the stone material, choose whether to use a fine crushing machine as the primary crushing equipment. If the input is small, it can directly enter the secondary crushing equipment (impact crusher/cone crusher, etc.).
(2) Requirements for product quality
The customer’s requirements for the particle size and final stone shape also determine the choice of crushing equipment. If the required finished stone size varies, there will need a screen machine.
(3) Purpose of the finished product
The requirements for sand and gravel aggregates vary in various national highways, water conservancy, infrastructure, bridges, and other engineering constructions. It is necessary to arrange the stone production equipment reasonably based on the configuration of the user’s finished stone. Some projects with high requirements for stone materials will have strict requirements for building stone materials.
The mechanism sand produced by the impact crusher has a good sand particle shape and simple particle size adjustment. It only needs to adjust the gap between the impact plate and the hammer. The impact crusher is easy to operate and is usually for the second crushing process, which facilitates the production operation of the sand-making machine and meets the production needs.
Production capacity of impact crusher
The production capacity of the impact crusher is large. It has a production capacity of 30-70 TPH for small-scale impact crushers and 300-800 TPH for large-scale impact crushers. Is it the same series machine with a production difference of 500 tons between 300 and 800 tons?
There are many reasons for the big output difference of the impact crusher.
- If the material humidity is too high, it will adhere to the inner wall of the crushing chamber and hammerhead. Block the discharge port, causing a decrease in productivity. Conversely, air drying and drying the materials in advance, lowering the humidity of the final output will improve productivity.
- The material size is unshaped, and there are many large pieces of ore. The equipment needs to crush the material multiple times to ensure the particle size is qualified. At the same time, small materials are also sent into the crushing chamber to occupy space, which reduces the working efficiency of the equipment. So it is necessary to pre-screen the materials to save energy consumption and improve work efficiency.
- The rotational speed of the rotor is also one of the factors that affect the production capacity of the impact crusher. After experimental verification, within the specified range, the higher the rotational speed of the rotor, the stronger the production capacity of the impact crusher, and the larger the crushing ratio. However, the power consumption will also increase, and the wear rate of the plate hammer will accelerate.
The cone crusher is suitable for crushing raw materials in the metallurgical, building, road construction, chemical, and silicate industries. According to different crushing principles and product particle sizes, it is divided into many models. Stone crushers have wide applications in various sectors like mining, smelting, building materials, highways, railways, water conservancy, and the chemical industry. The cone crusher has a large crushing ratio, high efficiency, low energy consumption, and uniform product particle size, suitable for medium and fine crushing of various ores and rocks.
Which is better, single single-cylinder or a multi-cylinder cone crusher?
Single-cylinder and multi-cylinder cone crushers are high-performance crushing machines, and both have advantages and disadvantages. We can choose a cone crusher suitable for production according to actual needs.
- If you need to crush materials with hard particle size, a multi-cylinder cone crusher is a good choice. A single-cylinder cone crusher only has one cylinder, and the crushing force is much smaller than that of a multi-cylinder cone crusher.
- If you process materials with a large particle size, a single-cylinder cone crusher is a good choice. A single-cylinder cone crusher can crush materials around 560mm, while a multi-cylinder cone crusher cannot exceed 326mm in particle size.
- If you have a high requirement for production capacity, a multi-cylinder cone crusher is a good choice. Because under the same production power and time, the production capacity of a multi-cylinder cone crusher is twice of a single-cylinder cone crusher. The production capacity reaches 1100 tons.
- The single-cylinder cone crusher has a good crushing effect for single materials. If it requires fine sand and high capacity, a multi-cylinder cone crusher will be better than a single-cylinder cone crusher.
Sand making machine
In the production line, the sand-making machine is usually after the stone crusher to process river pebbles, granite, basalt, potassium feldspar, iron ore, and other stone materials. The finished machine sand has uniform particle size and good quality. At present, the sand-making machine equipment includes the HVI sand-making machine and VSI sand-making machine, each of which has its advantages and characteristics.
- Artificial sand production of river pebbles, mountain stones (limestone, granite, basalt, diabase, andesite, etc.), ore tailings, and stone chips.
- Production of building aggregates, road fabrics, bedding materials, asphalt concrete, and cement concrete aggregates.
- Mechanical sand production and stone shaping for water conservancy and hydropower, high-grade highways, highways, high-speed railways, passenger dedicated lines, bridges, airport runways, municipal engineering, and high-rise buildings in the engineering field.
- The grinding process in the mining industry involves fine crushing of materials in industries such as building materials, metallurgy, chemical engineering, mining, refractory materials, cement, and abrasives.
The vibrating screen is suitable for separating finished products with different particle sizes and specifications. It usually works with the sand-making machine to form a closed loop. The vibrating screen equipment adds screen layers according to production needs. Except for the screen, there are almost no other vulnerable parts, making it easy to maintain and use.
Vibrating feeders and conveyors
The vibrating feeder and belt conveyor are auxiliary equipment in the sand-making plant. The vibrating feeder is for feeding sand and gravel, which can avoid material blockage. The conveyor is responsible for material transportation and transporting sand and gravel materials to the sand production equipment.
The above is the equipment used in the andesite sand production line. We can provide various mining equipment including lab machines, large stone crushers, etc. Welcome to consult JXSC’s professional engineers to get the quotation based on your requirements. We will design a sand-making and crushing production line flow chart for you.